Re: mail2muttalias.py problem

* Michael on Friday, January 11, 2008 at 18:23:35 -0700
> I am trying to use mail2muttalias.py with mutt, but when I tap the "A"
> key, I get the following error:
>
> SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xf6' in file
> /home/mike/.mutt/mail2muttalias.py on line 114, but no encoding
> declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details
> Press any key to continue...
>
> Line 114 of mail2muttalias.py is :
> inp_addresses = listrex (data,
> '"?[\s\w\ö\ä\ü\-\ß\_.]*"?\s*<?[\w.-]+\@[\w.-]+>?')
>
> Is there anybody on this list that knows the answer to this?
> I'm not a programmer in any sense of the word...I quit back in the days
> of Commodore basic for the 64 ;)
>
> I search google, yahoo, comp.mail.mutt, and the mutt-users archives and
> no answer.

Why didn't you just follow the link given in the error message?

Find out the encoding of the mail2muttalias.py file, and then
insert something like:

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

(assuming the file is in utf-8) as the first or second line.

Python Mutt utilities <http://www.blacktrash.org/hg/muttils/>