mail2muttalias.py problem

I am trying to use mail2muttalias.py with mutt, but when I tap the "A"
key, I get the following error:

SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xf6' in file
/home/mike/.mutt/mail2muttalias.py on line 114, but no encoding
declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details
Press any key to continue...

Line 114 of mail2muttalias.py is :
 inp_addresses = listrex (data,
'"?[\s\w\ö\ä\ü\-\ß\_.]*"?\s*<?[\w.-]+\@[\w.-]+>?')

Is there anybody on this list that knows the answer to this?
I'm not a programmer in any sense of the word...I quit back in the days
of Commodore basic for the 64 ;)

I search google, yahoo, comp.mail.mutt, and the mutt-users archives and
no answer.

Thanks.

--
"Estimated amount of glucose used by an adult human brain each day, expressed
in M&Ms: 250"

  - Harper's Index