Re: mutt looses new marker on mailboxes

On 29 Dec 2007 19:15 -0500, by ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx (Patrick Shanahan):
>> I want to keep track of unanswered mail in all boxes. How can I
>> persuade mutt to set the flag?
>
> do not open/access folders that you want to retain the new flag.
> There is no function to set a flag on a folder that I am aware.

I do not know if there is such a function, but one workaround is to
use a mailbox format that keeps new and old mail separate - for
example maildir. That and unsetting $mark_old should do the trick, if
you have inodes to spare.

--
Michael Kjörling .. michael@xxxxxxxxxxx .. http://michael.kjorling.se
* ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *