Re: Mutt 1.5.17 and sidebar patch

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 06:35:07PM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 the mental interface of Stephan Seitz told:
The index colour patch works as expected, if I don???t have the line(s)
- folder-hook . 'push <current-middle>;push <ESC>V'

index_subject doesn't color collapsed threads. This seems to be a
bug :(

Well, the subject lines to be coloured weren’t part of a thread, so they were not collapsed, but it seems that using <ESC>V will break not only index_subject but index_author as well as further testings showed. The coloured lines begin to slip. Say, if there was something to colour in line 4 (without collapsed threads) and I collapse all threads in the mailbox, the colour will stay in line 4, even if the message now in this line doesn’t match the expression anymore.

My quick solution (moving the folder-hook after the colour definitions) was wrong. I does not work.

index_author colors %F

Thanks, changing n to F index_author works now with the mentioned problems of collapsing a mailbox. This is bad. Since I don’t want all threads in my mailboxes uncollapsed if no new mail is available in them, I can’t use index_author or index_subject.

But thanks for your help and patience.

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--