Re: How to send a return receipt

=- Derek Martin wrote on Mon 22.Oct'07 at 11:46:26 -0400 -=

> But still, I want my mailer to do everything related to the normal
> processing of mail, mostly without any fuss from me. I should only
> have to make a fuss if what I want to do is unusual -- which this
> isn't.

a) how to determine "usual" factor?
b) not everything that is usual is desirable (but even annoying).
c) the "fuss" is ... required for mostly anything advanced that you
want to do, because very little (i.e. basic functionality) works
with defaults, and even that not in all environments.
 If it does, then you happen to be lucky to have admins who prepared
everything well enough.

This then leads to: "what is basic, what is advanced?"
What should work out of the box and what will/ should always require
tweaking?