Outlook 2003 splits URLs over multiple lines when viewed in mutt ... why ?

Hi all,

Something that has bugged me for a long time is that when people send me URLs
from Outlook-2003, mutt sees the URL split over 2 lines

e.g.

    http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/current_release/?parenttopic=Sys
    tem%20Compatibility

If I send the same URL from mutt to myself I get the URL on a single line as
such:

http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/current_release/?parenttopic=System%20Compatibility

In the raw Maildir spool file the URL is split also e.g.

    http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/current_release/?parenttopic=3DSy=
    tem%20Compatibility

So it looks like the URL gets split over a series of lines in transit.

Does anyone know why ? And how to make this stop happening ?

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT
1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.