Re: Backspace problems in XTerm

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 11:08:20AM -0600, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> >Can you suggest an effective workaround? Using XTerm's "Backarrow Key"
> >fixes this, but it breaks all other apps, like emacs -nw, break.
>
> The obvious workaround is to bind whatever your backspace key IS
> emitting. E.g. this:
>
>      bind pager ^? previous-line
>
> (note that you have to enter that in your muttrc by making sure the ^?
> is not the two-letter sequence carrot-questionmark, but is the
> single-character sequence that your delete key is emitting.)

Many thanks for the detailed response, and yes, your suggestion
handles my problem perfectly! :-)

Is there a way of directly entering ^? in an editor? Right now, I did
echo <Ctrl+V><BackSpace> > outfile, and copy pasted the contents of
outfile from emacs into my muttrc. Is there a better way?

Thanks again!

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,