maidir monitor for gnome

Is there a clearly-superior mail monitor for the gnome desktop which
is compatible with getmail/mutt/maildir in the Debian "testing"
environment?

By "clearly-superior", I mean one that is out of the beta testing
stage and works without hassle.  The last time I went shopping for a
mail monitor, I installed and tried several, found nothing that
appeared to work properly, and ended up uninstalling everything.

I would like a monitor which would allow me to specify the maildirs to
be monitored, and would emit a beep (or play a very short sound file)
whenever new mail arrives in one of those maildirs.