Re: mutt command line with gpg

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2007-08-22 16:19:38, schrieb Meenal Pant:
>
>> Hello,
>> I want to use mutt as a command inside a script and therefore I don't
>> want to  run mutt  interactively.
>> To achieve this, I use:
>> $> mutt -F ./.muttrc -s "Hello" -i ../text.txt   xxx@xxxxxxx </dev/null
>> and get the desired result.
>> My problem occurs when I use GnuPG and want to sign the message. I use
>> set pgp_autosign=yes and define the signature key,  set
>> pgp_sign_as=0x127533B2 in .muttrc
>> The message does not appear signed to the recipient. However when I use
>> the same command without </dev/null and use mutt interactively then the
>> message appears signed.  Please help me fix this issue. Thanks
>>
>> Also is their a way to encrypt and sign using GnuPG and Mutt via command
>> line ?
>>

> It does not work, since mutt/gpg is waiting for the pass phrase...
> To avoid this, you can use the "gpg-agent"
>
> Greetings
>     Michelle Konzack
>     Systemadministrator
>     Tamay Dogan Network
>     Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

I tried your suggestion of using gpg-agent. This works well with mutt
but only in interactive mode again. Any ideas ? When I try sending

$> mutt -F ./.muttrc -s "Hello" xxx@xxxxxxx <text.txt

with pgp-autosign= yes set in .muttrc, it is delivered as a plaintext messages.
I am trying to send signed messages from mutt via a script,  to thunderbird and
mac mail.
Thanks
Meenal