only from pager: source: errors in .mutt/muttrc

Hi, I receive the warning

  source: errors in /home/madduck/.mutt/muttrc

whenever I resource the muttrc from the pager:

  :source /home/madduck/.mutt/muttrc

It works fine from the index and the compose menu.

I checked the keybindings but I don't have any pager-only bindings,
and I cannot fathom what other reason there might be.

How can I figure out what's responsible here? Can I get mutt to give
me a line number? Of course, I could bisect my configuration, but
there has to be a better way to do this.

Thanks,

an avocado-tone refrigerator would look good on your resume.

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@xxxxxxxxxxx