Mutt + Mailinglists

Hello all,

I have tried repeatedly, without success, to join the Spamassassin users
mailing list using Mutt as my mail client. At first I tried with a manually
entered "From" address (because I wanted create a separate identity for myself
in order to facilitate easier sorting) but when that failed I tried simply
using my real name. That failed too.

Eventually I simply subscribed from my Evolution client (on the same PC) that
worked with no problems.

Having subscribed, I tried both posting a message and replying to an existing
posting using Mutt. Again they simply disappeared into the ether.

I can post and reply quite merrily from Evolution.

Normal mail (as far as I can tell) seems to get to its destination OK.

With Mutt I use esmtp as my sendmail client. Is it possible that either Mutt or
esmtp is configured incorrectly and may be offending
users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx's delicate sensibilities?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mark

p.s.

I'm curious to see if this gets through to mutt-users. (I've been subscribed a
while but this is my first posting using Mutt).