Re: which version of mutt?

On Sa, 11.08, 08:42, Gary Funck wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2007 at 05:34:17PM +0200, tannhauser wrote:
> > Well, you know the mutt vs. patches thing, do you?

> I've just begun to use mutt more as my main e-mail program,
> preferring its simplicity to some of the more whiz-bang
> GUI mail readers.  So, I haven't heard about the
> "mutt vs. patches thing".  What is that all about?

short story: mutt-ng forked because mutt was pretty famous for just
fixing security issues and not giving a shit about any user-requested
features or integrating some of the dozens of useful patches. but i
think that changed a bit. at least, i'm pretty happy with mutt (ok,
patched with the sidebar-patch. can't live without it).