Re: which version of mutt?

On Sa, 11.08, 08:25, Gary Funck wrote:

> I notice that many of the contributors to the list use
> version 1.5, while FC5 version I'm using is 1.4.
> I've also read about mutt-ng (next generation), which
> seems to have many 1.5 enhancements as well as other
> features such as a side panel for folders.  Are there
> plans integrate mutt-ng features back into the mainline?
> Anyone use mutt-ng, how stable is it?

I use gentoo and so mutt 1.5.16. I used to use mutt-ng, mainly because
of the sidebar patch. It was stable, never had any problems, but it
seems that mutt-ng is dead. And because in gentoo i can build mutt
either as vanilla or with a bunch of patches (the sidebar patch as
well), i switched back to the "original" but patched mutt. Some features
of mutt-ng are integrated back, some are not. Well, you know the mutt
vs. patches thing, do you?