Re: GPG: ID has undefined validity?

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 07:27:21PM -0700, Gary Funck wrote:

> What do I need to do to get mutt to just use the keys
> I have on hand and to not be so picky?  And what do I
> need to tell GPG so that it will raise the trust level
> on these keys?  Or how do I determine their "validity"?

You want mutt to take gpg at its word; don't change mutt.

To set the trust of a key, visit the --edit-key section of your gpg
manpage and look at the "trust" section. For a longer explanation, see here:

http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html#AEN335

But if you met the owner of the key in person and saw the person's
valid ID (say at a key signing party...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_signing_party

...or something), you should go ahead and sign that person's key:

$ gpg --sign-key <Key_ID>

> key selection screen -- but I couldn't find a way
> of telling it to stop looking, and to take me back
> to the "compose" window.

What happens when you hit <Control>g here?

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
ibiblio.org systems administrator