Q: View as Windows-1252?

I find that I (fairly) often get messages with no charset specified, or
with the wrong charset specified, so I do Ctrl-E on them and edit the
charset parameter to windows-1252, which seems to work well for most
cases.

Is it possble to automate this, so that I only have to press a single
key?

What makes it difficult (for me) is that Ctrl-E displays a line that
contains more information than just the charset, and I can't see how to
automatically go to the right spot in that line.

tia,
Kai