Re: Change into an mbox - like chdir

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 06:35:38PM +0100, David Woodfall wrote:
> Sorry it's hard to explain what I mean. Basically, I have some keybinds set
> up like this:
>
> macro   browser l   "<c>^u/home/dive/mail/lists<return>"
>
> Works fine, but, I want to be able to cd into an mbox. I can't with <c>
> because I get an error about it not being a folder. So is there a command I
> can use in a macro or bind that will cd to an mbox?

Your request doesn't make any sense.  "cd" means change directory, and
an mbox is not a directory... it's a flat file that contains mail.

[mbox is a specific style of mail folder, stored in a flat file.]

Maildir is a different mail folder format which uses directories, but
even here, your request doesn't really make sense.  You can cd into
the directory where a maildir folder lives...  Is that what you mean?
If it isn't, then your request still doesn't make any sense.

A mail folder is a logical structure which is conceptually distinct
from a directory in the operating system, even if the mail folder
format uses directories to implement the format.  It doesn't really
make sense to "cd" into a mail folder.

Maybe it would be helpful if you could explain what you are trying to
accomplish, using different terms...

-=-=-=-=-