Re: Change into an mbox - like chdir

On 09Jul2007 12:55, Peter Wiersig <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 12:49:57PM +0200, Peter Wiersig wrote:
| > On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 08:42:12AM +0100, David Woodfall wrote:
| > > Is there a way of setting up a macro or bind similar to change
| > > dir that will change to mbox?
| >
| > You probably don't know that ! is a shortcut to your configured
| > inbox, do you?
| >
| > See chapter "7. Mailbox Shortcuts" in your manual.
|
| I got another read on your message and have it interpreted another
| way now:
|
| In case you want to switch mutt cwd to the directory that matches
| the current mailfolder:
|
| I don't think there is a possibility for that.

Inside mutt, no. But if you invoke mutt via a shell script you could cd into
a mail folder and then start mutt. If you run mutt once for a single folder
that would work ok (I do it this way). However, most people start mutt and
switch from folder to folder within it, and once inside mutt you can't change
directories.

But I think we both misunderstand his request.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The ultimate result of shielding men from the results of folly is to fill the
world with fools.       - Tom Biggs, DoD #1146, <tom.biggs@xxxxxxxxxxx>