Re: How to organize mail in folders?

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 12:57:10AM +0200, Kai Grossjohann wrote:

> With Gnus, I marked the to-do messages as important ("flagged" them, in
> Mutt-speak, I think).  After it was done, the message was marked as
> read.  Gnus would automatically show me both new messages and important
> messages, hiding the ones marked as read.
>
> I think Mutt always shows me all messages, so this method cannot be
> used.

If you delete them, they won't show up anymore. :>

If you don't like the idea of totally deleting them, you could apply the
trash folder patch, and save them to a trash folder for later deleting
and / or archiving. If you want to keep different trashes for different
folders, this can be accomplished with folder hooks.

Personally, I leave messages marked as "New" until I've responded to
them or dealt with whatever needed to be dealt with, and then I either
leave them in the folder (but unread), or delete them.

I don't think you can /hide/ old and / or read messages, but you can
color them differently if you want.