Re: 1.5.16 build issues on BSD

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 10:00:18PM +0100, Chris G wrote:
> I did go and look at the download links to BSD ports but, to be quite
> honest, they made little sense to me.  I.e. I got to:-
>
>     http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=mutt&stype=name
>
> ... but then didn't really know what to do.  There's a download link
> to a .tgz file but not being a FreeBSD person I haven't a clue what to
> do with that file and I don't even know whether it will install
> non-root.
>
> I think building from source is likely to be more productive.

Even if you're not totally familiar with FreeBSD, you might still want
to look at the ports stuff. Ports are built from source, and what you'll
find in there are how to build mutt (which options, etc), and perhaps
patches to make it work correctly. There may be a missing piece in there
that you'll see and have an "Aha!" moment for building it yourself. ;-)

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/