Re: Problem with new 'pager_format'

* On 2007.06.27, in <20070628002053.GA3225@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Gary Johnson" <garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With mutt-1.5.16, that behavior has changed.  The fixed indicator
> has been replaced by the "%> -- (%P)" format sequence in
> 'pager_format'.  The problem with this is that the percentage
> indicator can now be shoved off the right side of the screen by long
> subjects.

It's not exactly the answer you're looking for, but this is precisely
the kind of scenario my "softfill" patch is made to address.  This patch
implements the "%* " notation, which is analogous to "%> " but gives
precedence to the right side instead of to the left when the fill length
is zero.  With a long subject, the subject would be truncated enough for
anything to the right of "%* " to render in full.

http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.16.dgc.softfill.1

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx    NSIT    University of Chicago