Mutt or muttng?

So far, I've been using mutt-ng, but today I figured I would try out vanilla
mutt -- for no particular reason, other than to try out the newest
relase.
I got an error message, notifying me that the following variables are
unknown:

trash
list_reply
abort_noattach
attach_remind_regexp
strip_was
max_line_length
sidebar_shorten_hierarchy

I suppose these are functions that haven't (yet?) made their way into
the main mutt, but I do like them, and I have some use for most of
them.
Before I reinstall mutt-ng - are there any equivalents to these (a
designated trash folder, an option to reply to the list and not the
original sender; a reminder for forgotten attachments; a max line
length) in regular mutt?
And, perhaps more importantly: are there good reasons why I should use
mutt and not muttng?

eyolf

--
When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at
you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".