Hammering hard to get mutt working

Dear all,

I am trying hard to get mutt working, lately I was getting some authentication errors from mutt. I use sendmail as MTA. But now I can compose mail and send it without any problems but the mails are not sent actually. Apparently if I send a mail to my address I can not get that mail. If I send a mail to myself through thunderbird, I can get that e-mail but strangely mail sending operation does not give any warnings or errors.

And one more thing, every time I open my pc, I have to issue, '#/etc/init.d/sendmail reload' because I am getting this message on the opening phase of my debian system.

What should I do? Any help is very welcome.

Best regards,