Re: no fcc with command-line sending

Thus spake Greg Novack [03/30/07 @ 03.39.15 -0500]:
> All,
>
> I searched the list archives and didn't find anything on this, so here goes.
> I sometimes want to send messages (with attachments) from the CLI.  One way I
> do this is with:
>
> mutt -a ~/myattach.jpg -s "look at this pic" someaddress@xxxxxxxx <
> messagebody.txt
>
> And it works, fine and dandy, *except* that Mutt will neither FCC this to my
> sent messages folder as defined with set_record, *nor* the send-hook'ed
> folder to which all the mail I send to someaddress@xxxxxxxx is set to go.
> There is absolutely no record in any of my folders that I sent this message.
> And yet, it is being sent, since I did a test and CC'd one to myself. (Plus
> the recipient told me he got it).  What's going on here?  Is Mutt incapable
> of FCC'ing or following send-hooks when invoked from the command line in this
> way?  Is there some setting that should go in my .muttrc?
>
> I have no doubt that I *could* just BCC it to myself and then file it
> wherever I want, but I shouldn't have to, and it's a pain, and I'll
> invariably forget to BCC it from the CLI.
>
> One thing I will investigate is whether the same thing happens if I invoke
> from CLI but don't *completely* bypass having to interact with Mutt, i.e.,
> with:
>
> mutt -a ...same stuff... -i messagebody.txt someaddress@xxxxxxxx
>
> BTW, this is all IMAP using Mutt 1.5.12 on MacOSX.
>
> Many thanks (from someone who thought Pine was the tits until he tried Mutt),
> GMN

Lo, if I do it using

-i messagebody.txt

instead of with

< messagebody.txt

then it gets FCC'd, and even has my signature appended (which does not happen
with the method that won't FCC either).

Come to think of it, this has spawned another question.  When I use '<' instead
of '-i', I am not even prompted for a password, which I assume is because mutt
doesn't need me to interact with msmtp.  But when I use '-i', Mutt *does*
prompt me for my password (IMAP), even though msmtp doesn't need it, and even
though I am not checking my inbox.  What's up with this?

Many thanks,
GMN