"set sendmail", does it need the full path?

I'm running mutt on Linux and Solaris with a common home.  I'm using
msmtp as my 'sendmail'.  Obviously I need a different copy of msmtp to
be run on Linux and Solaris.

However it seems to me that mutt requires the full path to 'sendmail'
in the muttrc file and that's a bit difficult to do in my present
situation because I can't have a path that looks the same whether I'm
on Linux or Solaris but actually points to a different place for each.

Does mutt really demaind the full path to its 'sendmail' or is
something else getting in my way?

--
Chris Green