Re: Mutt Newbie;Configuring Mutt

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 08:36:41AM -0700, Darrin Chandler wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 10:26:06AM -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:
> > >
> > > :set fo+=a
> > >
> > > That enables auto-wrap. I also prefer, for editing mail:
> > >
> > > :set fo+=w
> > >
> > > Which limits the wrapping to just lines that end in spaces (works well
> > > with format=flowed messages, for example).
> > >

> > How do I set that automatically in vimrc? I'd like to use autowrapping
> > with that second line, it would save me lots of time.
>
> Usually you can just leave off the colon...
>
> Did you happen to install the example vimrc file that comes with it? On
> my system it's located in /usr/local/share/vin/vim70/vimrc_example.vim.
> It's a great starting point, and it enables a LOT of good things that
> are off by default. With this file copied to ~/.vimrc, I have very
> little customization to do on my own. Vim wraps nicely in mutt, formats
> C code nicely, etc.

Thanks for that tip, I moved over the .vimrc file (And kept all of my
old settings in it too) but I really haven't seen a difference yet.

Also for some reason the line to strip off signatures doesn't work for
me. I can't figure out why, but oh well, I can live without type (I
usually go to the end and type 99dd)