Re: sending mail hangs

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 02:57:06PM -0300, Angel Olivera wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 18 2007 17:41, Matt Richards wrote:
> > hello :)
>
> Hello, and sorry for mistakenly sending the message in private.
>
> > I have configured an mta on this pc and i have tried ssmtp and msmtp but
> > they still dont work, i have tried export SENDMAIL aswell as set
> > sendmail '/usr/bin/msmtp'
>
> Where are you typing these commands? If it is interactively, you can
> view the mutt command line pressing ':' (default setting) and then you
> should enter:
>
> set sendmail=/usr/bin/msmtp
>
> The equal sign is important. In fact, on mutt 1.5 if you try to do "set
> sendmail '/usr/bin/msmtp'" it complains about '/usr/bin/msmtp' not being
> a valid command, so I assume you were actually doing it right?
>
> > I have even tried
> > set SENDMAIL 'cat >/home/matt/testmail'
> > but it still hangs and testmail never gets created
>
> I don't think that's going to work.
>
> > Another thing i notice is that I have set sort=threads and the trees as
> > red, on my gentoo box these display correctly using -,= and > chars but
> > on my freebsd box they are displayed with wq> x's and m>'s.
>
> Have you tried setting ascii_chars?
>
> --
> redondos

hello, ok so i have got it working ... kinda

i installed version 1.5 on the freebsd box and i had the same problems
as on the gentoo system so i installed version 1.4 on the gentoo system
and it works fine :)

There are a few things that i would like that 1.4 dosn't seem to do like
on the mail list 1.4 just shows 0 between the to () 's on unopened mails
but 1.5 shows the message size. Is it possiable to make 1.4 do this ?

Cheers,

Matty.