Re: get filenames for maildir emails

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 10:34:18PM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 10:34:12AM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > > The names are definitely cryptic, which is the whole point of asking
> > > for a way to get them from mutt... Mutt knows what the names are.
> > > However I would disagree that knowing the name is not useful.  It is
> >
> > Picky. Picky.
> > Yeah, that is why I said "... not generally useful."
>
> But they are.  generally.  useful.  I use them all the time, and I

You're twisting words.

> gave you some general examples of how they are useful, generally.
> I've no doubt there are more (some of which were mentioned elsewhere
> in this thread, I do believe).
> > I remember saying something about "depending on what you're trying to
> > do." but it appears to have been snipped.
>
> Actually, you didn't.  The full text of what you wrote was this
> (portions quoted from other people snipped):
>
> On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 09:19:48PM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > The filenames are cryptic and knowing their name is not generally
> > useful. What are you wanting to do that requires you to know the
> > filename. Sorry for being nosy, just interested. :-)
>
> Feel free to check the archives if you feel I've misquoted you.  Am I
> picky?

Me saying: "What are you wanting to do that requires you to know the
filename." is not the same as "depending on what you're trying to do."?

Duh!

> Yes... but your reply sounds dismissive, as if what the OP was
> asking was ludicrous or stupid, when actually it is perfectly

Me saying "Sorry for being nosy, just interested. :-)" makes the OP
sound "ludicrous or stupid"? What culture are you from? You need to
lighten up my lad!

> So, yeah, apparently I replied just to bust your balls, which I've
> been being rather good about not doing lately.

Ah I see, one of those!

> Sorry.  I just really
> hate being contradicted by people who are completely wrong, and

Completely wrong? You are a touchy one aren't you.

> couldn't stop myself.

You need to exercise nore self control

--
Chris.