Re: get filenames for maildir emails

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 10:34:12AM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > The names are definitely cryptic, which is the whole point of asking
> > for a way to get them from mutt... Mutt knows what the names are.
> > However I would disagree that knowing the name is not useful.  It is
>
> Picky. Picky.
> Yeah, that is why I said "... not generally useful."

But they are.  generally.  useful.  I use them all the time, and I
gave you some general examples of how they are useful, generally.
I've no doubt there are more (some of which were mentioned elsewhere
in this thread, I do believe).

> I remember saying something about "depending on what you're trying to
> do." but it appears to have been snipped.

Actually, you didn't.  The full text of what you wrote was this
(portions quoted from other people snipped):

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 09:19:48PM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> The filenames are cryptic and knowing their name is not generally
> useful. What are you wanting to do that requires you to know the
> filename. Sorry for being nosy, just interested. :-)

Feel free to check the archives if you feel I've misquoted you.  Am I
picky?  Yes... but your reply sounds dismissive, as if what the OP was
asking was ludicrous or stupid, when actually it is perfectly
reasonable and in fact not so uncommon.  Were it not for that, I'd
have stayed out of this thread entirely.

So, yeah, apparently I replied just to bust your balls, which I've
been being rather good about not doing lately.  Sorry.  I just really
hate being contradicted by people who are completely wrong, and
couldn't stop myself.

-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-