Re: mutt does not delete TMP files

Hi Thomas,

* Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [070206 19:07]:
> On 2007-02-06 14:07:36 +0900, Nick Hastings wrote:
> > * Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxx> [070206 01:20]:
> > >
> > > I have found an Error in mutt while using IMAP and connecting to courier.
> > >
> > > If I enter a Mailfolder with mails, mutt does not only fetch the desired
> > > headers but the whole NEW messages...
> >
> > Sorry, I can't help but I can let you know that you aren't alone: I see
> > the exact same thing.
> >
> > Anyone know what is going on here?
>
>  This sounds like the body cache is in effect...  To set the directory
>  where the files go, configure message_cachedir.
>
> To turn it off, set message_cachedir to "".

Hmm, from the manual it seems that that should be the answer, but
strangely it looks like it's already turned off:

hastings@hat ~ 3%  mutt -D |grep message_cachedir
message_cachedir=""

Since both myself and the OP are using Debian packages, perhaps it's
related to that. Any other Debian and IMAP users care to comment?

Thanks?

Nick.