Re: Mutt & 256 colors re-re-re-visited

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Please see my comments below.

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 03:29 PM PST, cga2000 wrote:

... Text Deleted ...

c> > I read through some old email threads regarding 256 color support.  Even
c> > though I found some good tips and information, I still can't seem to get
c> > Mutt working with 256 colors.
c> >
c> > Any assistance would be appreciated.
c>
c> $ TERM=term-256color mutt
c>
c> IOW when mutt see stuff like color100 it uses the "active" terminfo
c> entry to verify that your terminal supports 256 colors.
c>
c> Is that it..?

Unfortunately, no.  When I run mutt I do first set TERM=rxvt prior to
launching mutt.  I have verified via executing a shell command from mutt
that the TERM is in fact set to rxvt.  I have also verified via a shell
command that the output of 'tput colors' is 256 .

c> > P.S. Along the same lines... Any thoughts of taking the gvim approach
c> >      and integrating a graphic terminal into mutt?
c>
c> No, thanks.

Oh well, just a thought.  It's just that using colors in gvim is so
easy; but in mutt, so hard (at least, for me).  Sigh.

--
Mun