Mutt & 256 colors re-re-re-visited

Hi,

First of all, my apologies for bringing up this topic again.

I am trying to get Mutt working with 256 colors on my Solaris 8 system.
I've tried both rxvt and mrxvt terminal emulators.  I'm currently
compiling with ncurses (mainly because compile attempts with slang
fail).

Both terminal emulators report 256 color support when I execute
'tput colors'.  However, when I try to set a color to something like
color100, mutt complains thusly:

100: color not supported by term

I read through some old email threads regarding 256 color support.  Even
though I found some good tips and information, I still can't seem to get
Mutt working with 256 colors.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

P.S. Along the same lines... Any thoughts of taking the gvim approach
     and integrating a graphic terminal into mutt?

--
Mun