Re: How to automatically delete empty maildirs?

On date Thursday 2007-01-11 14:10:41 +0100, Michael Tatge muttered:
> * On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 Roman Cheplyaka (roman.cheplyaka@xxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> > * Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-lala@xxxxxxxx> [2007-01-08
> > 13:24:35+0100]
> > > Is there a way to automatically delete a maildir if it doesn't contain
> > > messages?
> >
> > Maybe I've misunderstood you, but are you sure your MDA will be happy to
> > recreate maildir when delivering mail?
>
> procmail will.

Yes, I'm using procmail and it creates a new maildir when it has to
deliver a message into a not existing maildir.

My problem depends on the fact that I have many maildirs setted as
mailboxes (using the mailboxes command) and I would like not to display
them in the buffy view when they don't contain messages.

But rethinking at it maybe it would be better to avoid to delete them,
and simply not to display empty maildirs/mailboxes in the buffy view
(an idea for mutt-dev).

Cheers
--
Stefano Sabatini