how to refresh the list of new inboxes

I use procmail to split my incoming emails to a number of mboxes, then use
a number of 'mailboxes' directives and the 'c' command to cycle between
inboxes with any new mail.

However, if the inboxes get externally accessed for any reason (eg backup,
beagle, grep -r) then mutt loses track of which inboxes still have new
messages.

Is there any way to get mutt to refresh its list of new inboxes?

Dave

(I'm using the standard mutt build that comes with Fedora Core 6:

Mutt 1.4.2.2i (2006-07-14)
Copyright (C) 1996-2002 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: Linux 2.6.18-1.2869.fc6 (i686) [using ncurses 5.5]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  -USE_DOTLOCK  -DL_STANDALONE
+USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
+USE_POP  +USE_IMAP  +USE_GSS  +USE_SSL  +USE_SASL
+HAVE_REGCOMP  -USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_START_COLOR  +HAVE_TYPEAHEAD  +HAVE_BKGDSET
+HAVE_CURS_SET  +HAVE_META  +HAVE_RESIZETERM
+HAVE_PGP  -BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  -SUN_ATTACHMENT
+ENABLE_NLS  -LOCALES_HACK  +HAVE_WC_FUNCS  +HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET
+HAVE_LANGINFO_YESEXPR
+HAVE_ICONV  -ICONV_NONTRANS  +HAVE_GETSID  +HAVE_GETADDRINFO
-ISPELL
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/mail"
PKGDATADIR="/usr/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/etc"
EXECSHELL="/bin/sh"
-MIXMASTER

--
"The greatest achievement of the Austrians has been convincing the world
that Hitler was German, and Mozart Austrian."