Re: more on howto decode (or more FUBAR mails?)

Hi Henry,

 On Saturday, September 30, 2006 at 7:18:40 +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:

>| application/msword; wvHtml %s - | lynx --dump -stdin; nametemplate=%s.html;
>copiousoutput

    BTW forcing an *.html extension here may seem not quite
appropriate... Probably better *.doc and -force_html.

> Isn't that a rich text file, and not a Word document?

    Bingo! Note well that have *.doc app/msword really contain RTF is a
feature. One of those sophisticated and top-logical features making MS
reputation so high. It happens frequently here too. :-(

    Solution: Use a viewer able to cope with both (real) DOC and RTF. Or
craft a script using the /file/ command to call either the DOC viewer or
the RTF one.

Bye!    Alain.
--
« if you believe the Content-Type header, I've got a bridge to sell you. »