Re: mail stat

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 02:01:15PM +0200, Michael Tatge wrote:
> * On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 atstake atstake (atstake@xxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> > I use fetchmail to get mails which then gets filtered by procmail and
> > finally arrives in mutt. I use msmtprc to send mail. Is there any way
> > I can get some stat report as to the number incoming and outgoing
> > mails,  total percentage of mails received, mails received and sent
> > per day etc. etc?
>
> Log, parse the log files.

Well, for those who haven't mastered the art of parsing log files
there's always ... wait for it ... mailstat; it should come with
procmail as it's sole reason for existence is to parse the procmail log
file for you.

If you have sendmail installed, you'll have mailstats available.
There's also gobs of Perl modules, including mailstat.pl as well.

Regards.

--
George