Re: Sidebar patch: 1 keybinding not working

On 31-08-06 12:43, David Champion wrote:

> I'm not familiar with this patch particularly, but having written
> other patches that add key bindings, I can say that problems like this
> can come up if the patch uses bindings that mutt already uses, or if
> mutt adds bindings after the patch is written.  In such cases, two or
> more operations can have the same binding, and only one wins out.  It
> may be that there's nothing wrong with the binding per se -- it's just
> that something else is overriding it.

> If you're curious, you might want to check your patched functions.h
> for other operations with the same binding as you expect sidebar
> operations to use.

Nice, didn't know that one.

> If you just want it to work, it might be enough to make the sidebar
> binding (with the original keystroke) explicit in your muttrc.

I remapped the keys, and now it's working. Still a strange problem with
my already existing macro <ESC>A which before reloaded my muttrc, but
now opens/closes the sidebar. Seems I need some more remapping.

Thanks for your explanation.

Best regards, Dick