Re: convert thunderbird email?

* Bob Self <bobself@xxxxxxxxxxx> [30-08-2006 14:56]:

> I have a lot of mail in Thunderbird and would like to get it
> converted into the maildir format that I use in mutt. Does anyone
> know how to do this? The mail in thunderbird is in one large file.

IIRC Thunderbird uses the mbox format.  Mutt supports both mbox and
Maildir, so why not use mutt to perform the conversion?

The simplest solution would be to read the mailbox with mutt, set
mbox_type to "Maildir", tag all messages, and save them to a new
mailbox.

HTH,

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

M'n gevoelens spelen Rummikub met m'n hoofd.
-René Clerc