Re: long signatures

On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 05:41:25PM +0200, Petar Bogdanovic wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 01:15:19PM +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> > Well, the coloring of .signatures is based on the old convention
> > that signatures should better not be longer than 4 lines.
>
> I've read about this `rule of thumb' (RFC 1855).
>
> However, you should take a look at this:
>
> http://xs104.xs.to/xs104/06326/4lines.png
> (correct color: four lines [+ one newline])
>
> and this:
>
> http://xs104.xs.to/xs104/06326/morelines.png
> (correct color: more then ten lines)
>

> Any ideas?

I'm sorry if this was too brief.

Actually, I would like to know, how mutt does the signature-coloring.
When you look at the two screenshots, you'll see that mutt isn't just
coloring the first 4 lines after `-- '. On the first png, four lines
(and one newline) appear in the correct color. On the second png, more
than ten lines have the correct color (brightblack).

So my rephrased question is: Is this normal?

Thank you,

Petar