Re: macro for mailman moderation?

* On 2006.07.26, in <20060726165617.GB25405@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "William Yardley" <mutt-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 1. use <enter-command> instead of ":".
>
> Does that actually make a difference?

Not to you, but perhaps to others who use your macro. :)

> It fails at <send-message> - for some reason, in the attachment viewer
> screen, <send-message> gets interpreted as "<save-entry>end-message" (at
> least after <reply> fails).

This happens because the instructions immediately before <send-message>
behave in a way that you haven't predicted -- probably a failure case is
prompting you for something.  Mutt then reads < as the response to the
prompt and continues, interpreting "s" as <save-entry> and "end-message>"
as the response to the save prompt.

I sort of wish mutt *only* accepted <binding-names> in macros, and not
keystrokes at all, but I'm sure much of the macro-processing code would
need a makeover to do that, and it would annoy a lot of people.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago