Re: non-deletable saved folder

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 01:40:16 -0400, Todd Zullinger sent:
>Really?  I have this in my muttrc:
>

>folder-hook .                       'set read_only=no'
>folder-hook 'archive/'              'set read_only=yes'
>

>Upon changing into one of the mailboxes in the archive directory
>it is set to read only.  Changing to another mailbox outside of
>that opens normally (though when pressing c, the message does
>read "Open mailbox in read-only mode ...").

Ah... I sit corrected. I assumed that because the '%' did not
appear in the status bar and because of the "Open mailbox in
read-only mode ..." message, that the read_only flag was not
being applied until I left the folder. I didn't spend a lot of
time playing with this.

>As you've pointed out, this isn't perfect as I could still
>delete the mail using some command or another mail client, but
>a) I try to keep decent backups to guard against errant
>commands, and b) who uses a mail client other than mutt???

Good stuff. I don't use any other mail client (why would I want
to!?), but I know that there are some on this list who do.

>I've found the folder-hooks to be a good way to avoid
>accidentally messing up the content of my archived mailboxes
>while reading through them when I need to and still being able
>to easily append messages to them from within mutt.

That's the beauty of Mutt... there are always plenty of solutions
to any given problem!

Cheers;

--paj
--