Re: non-deletable saved folder

Pete Johns wrote:
> There are. Sadly, folder-hook 'saved' 'set read_only' (which was
> my initial thought, I must confess) will not work as it will only
> affect the next mailbox to be opened.

Really?  I have this in my muttrc:

folder-hook .                       'set read_only=no'
folder-hook 'archive/'              'set read_only=yes'

Upon changing into one of the mailboxes in the archive directory it is
set to read only.  Changing to another mailbox outside of that opens
normally (though when pressing c, the message does read "Open mailbox
in read-only mode ...").

As you've pointed out, this isn't perfect as I could still delete the
mail using some command or another mail client, but a) I try to keep
decent backups to guard against errant commands, and b) who uses a
mail client other than mutt???

I've found the folder-hooks to be a good way to avoid accidentally
messing up the content of my archived mailboxes while reading through
them when I need to and still being able to easily append messages to
them from within mutt.

The future isn't what it used to be.
    -- Arthur C. Clarke