Re: Mangling subject lines in index

On 2006-06-30 07:05 +0200, Michael Tatge wrote:
> * On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 Andre Majorel (aym-ttum@xxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> > is there a way in Mutt to transform the subject lines in the
> > index ? Specifically, I'd like to hide certain overlong
> > "[name-of-mailing-list]" tags.
>
> There's a awfully hacky mutt way and ugly other way(s).
> - The mutt solution will abuse $reply_regexp to cover the tags.
> - One other way would be to temper with the message itself, say
>   delete the ml tags on delivery with procmail->formail.
>
> Both of which are very inelegant i'm afraid. A proper solution could be
> a patch that introduces a feature to weed out regexp based subject parts
> in the index.

Or maybe hacking mutt_FormatString() to accept a new
/regexp/string/flags/ conversion flag and changing the "%s" in
$index_format to "%/^\[name-of-mailing-list] ///s".

That would be very general but cumbersome to set on a per-folder
basis. And sensitive to whether $reply_regexp is honoured before
or after.

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Do not use this account for regular correspondence.