Re: Child Exited 127 Error

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 12:00:39AM +0200, Michael Tatge wrote:
> * On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 Henry Nelson (netb@xxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> > > -rwxr-xr-x     1 root  wheel      249056 Jan 14 00:25 sendmail*
> >
> > Wouldn't a Sendmail Consortium sendmail binary be _at least_ twice
> > that size?
>
> Every sendmail replacement (read full-featured mta) has a sendmail

That's what I'm saying.  And, at the same time asking, what exactly IS
Bill using as his mta?  I don't have enough experience with mta software
to guess what a 200kB footprint is.  Even with everything dynamically
loaded it seems too small for sendmail.  Without knowing what the mta is,
I personally wouldn't know how to begin debugging his problem.

In a previous post I think Bill said his Mutt's "sendmail" was set to
"/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -oi".  I know this would be wrong for something
like "ssmtp" or "nbsmtp".  That "works for me" because I do in fact use
the "real" sendmail as my mta, but what about other mta's?

> binary. Who wants to reconfigure every mua just because the mta was
> replaced?

If the default works with the replacement, that's fine.  But if it doesn't
then you either configure mutt correctly or end up with a broken setup.

> This is postfix:
>
> $ ls -l /usr/sbin/sendmail
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 18224 May 29 18:13 /usr/sbin/sendmail

Seems to indicate that Bill's not using postfix.

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba.ne.jp/~home/