Re: can't get ssl support compiled in

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 08:33:32PM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> With only the static libraries, the configure script dies with:
>       checking for X509_new in -lcrypto... yes
>       checking for SSL_new in -lssl... no
>       configure: error: Unable to find SSL library
> If I try to help the configure script by setting the LIBS environment
> variable ("-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl"), it still can't find it.

Solved!  What's missing is not libssl, but libz (when OpenSSL has been built
with libz compression routines).  The quick workaround to build _static_ ssl
support into mutt is to add "-lz" to your LIBS environment variable before
running the configure script.

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba.ne.jp/~home/