Re: urlview wraps

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 09:28:32AM -0400, Kyle Wheeler thus spake:
On Tuesday, June 13 at 03:42 PM, quoth Jason Helfman:
It appears to be a display problem, but this is happening for all my meeting requests, and not for any other emails with links I can visit through urlview.

If it's just a display problem, then I think it may be something you just have to ignore (unless someone else here has a better idea).

I really can't be certain one way or another until I find out how to fix the issue. I have other long urls that display perfectly. This would lead me to believe that it must be something with the way that message is sent.

It is sent from outlook, however when I pasted the url to the mutt user group, I was able to see the full url in urlview.

I am not setting to pipe_decode.

It may be set by your system-wide default (in /etc/Muttrc, for example).

If I am using the included macro, I get no urls to view, or something close to it.

Eh? Hm. What does "or something close to it" mean? Is it saying something like "can't find urlview.sh" or is urlview coming up and saying "sorry, no URLs found". The difference is important. You should get *something* out of that macro, but you may just have to change it to specify the exact urlview executable, for example:

Yeah. Sorry, no URLs found.

macro index,pager \cb "<enter-command>unset
pipe_decode<enter><pipe-message>/opt/local/bin/urlview<enter><enter-command>set pipe_decode<enter>"
"send urlview the unmodified message"

~Kyle
--
I couldn't give you something mediocre even if that's all you asked for.
                        -- Michelangelo, in The Agony and the Ecstasy

--
148D 5CC5 2A04 852D 53DC  727F 386F 9068 B3A2 9D47