Re: urlview wraps

It appears to be a display problem, but this is happening for all my meeting requests, and not for any other emails with links I can visit through urlview.

I am not setting to pipe_decode. If I am using the included macro, I get no urls to view, or something close to it.

-Jason

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 06:25:51PM -0400, Kyle Wheeler thus spake:
On Tuesday, June 13 at 03:05 PM, quoth Jason Helfman:
Urlview is wrapping any meeting request, and I believe some other urls, but most prominently the meeting requests.

Here is what it is wrapped to with urlview ( I am using the standard url_handler.sh script)

UrlView 0.9: (7 matches) Press Q or Ctrl-C to Quit!

-> 1 http://EXCHANGE1/exchange/jhelfman/Inbox/Monthly%20Vendor%20Outage%20Repo=
     2 http://EXCHANGE1/exchange/jhelfman/Inbox/Monthly%20Vendor%20Outag=
     3 http://EXCHANGE1/exchange/jhelfman/Inbox/Month=

Any help would be great.

What exactly is the problem with this wrapping? From your description, it seems like just a display problem.

I'm guessing the problem is that urlview isn't getting the whole URL, and so you aren't able to get to those long URLs easily. If that's the case, then most likely the problem is not with urlview, but rather with how you are piping it. If $pipe_decode is set, then what will be piped to urldecode is whatever gets displayed, exactly as it is displayed (i.e. wraps and all)---I'm guessing that you have $pipe_decode set. If that's the case, I suggest either unsetting $pipe_decode in your muttrc, or try using this macro to unset it just for urlview (all one line):

macro index,pager \cb "<enter-command>unset pipe_decode<enter><pipe-message>urlview.sh<enter><enter-command>set pipe_decode<enter>" "send urlview the unmodified message"

~Kyle
--
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
                                                          -- Gallileo