Re: Macro -> procmail recipe

On 05Jun2006 04:35, George <d1945@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > How about: [...]
| >       if (/^subject:\s+/i) {
| >          ... append to .procmailrc ...
| >          exit(0);
|
| I think /^Subject:\s+(.*)/ would work better.

I was just going to grab $' instead of $1.

| [...] this isn't a problem-free approach, but if it provides benefit to
| the OP as is, then I guess it's all good.

Sure. I have a hack that files away the messages-ids of a whole thread and
then tracks, updates (and discards) it in my procmailrc. But it's clunky
and slow, so I don't really use it. I should put a bit of work into it...

| If not, there's always the
| more traditional
|       folder-hook . 'push <collapse-all>'

I need to play with that stuff too...
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The reason that God was able to create the world in seven days is that he
didn't have to worry about the installed base.  - Enzo Torresi