Re: distribution lists / address groups

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 09:08:01AM -0400, Derek Martin wrote:
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 02:10:19PM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> I'd like to set up distribution lists / address groups, so that
> > a) mail to this group goes to all recipients in this list. > b) each recipient gets an individual mail > c) each mail is recorded in the outbox

I'll second that! But in my taste, I would rather have one mail in
the Sent folder...

B is the sticking point.  Mutt doesn't do this AFAIK, nor do most mail
programs.  It's an inefficient way to send mail, and will make your
mail server a lot busier than it needs to be.

For large "busines grade" mass mailing, that's true, but not for
smaller private use of a list. It would be handy to have a way to
address a group of recipients without the need to manually enter
them individually. The manual version is quite error prone as well
(easy to miss a recipient)...

--
Pelle