Re: Poll: personal convenience vs. global improvement of docs

* Gary Johnson <garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In short, the benefit of changing names is minimal.

I agree.

I first noted this thing of changing names at mutt-ng which I tested
at that time for its build-in newsgroups support (limited as it was).
I thought the whole idea was utterly stupid and switched to mutt
again.

The user still has to understand any given _variable by reading the
documentation, sooner or later. There is just no way around that. And
after a long time there's finally a .muttrc-builder out there again.
That should be used by newbies first, to get a good start.

Thus my 2.5 cents are: focus on the doc/examples instead of putting
mutt users through this kind of hassle.

--
left blank, right bald