Re: e-mail encoding/formatting (was Re: Split-screen mode in mutt?)

Thus spake Kyle Wheeler on Fri, May 05, 2006 at 03:08:04PM -0400 or
thereabouts: <kyle-mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2006-05-05 17:21]:

[..]

> Wish I could be of more help - your messages all look fine to me.

Sorry, I just figured out that a simple way to prove my hunch that the
message was corrupted in my mutt inbox - ie. that it actually contains
the '=E2=80=9C' or iow x'3d45323d38303d3943' .. instead of x'e2809c' -
was to run a:

mutt -f my_mozilla_inbox

well sure enough, mutt had no problems rendering the curly quotes
correctly and the =20 etc. artefacts had disappeared.

So there's something somewhere that apparently is not content with
just copying the raw contents of my mail..

Looks like I need to take a closer look at those procmail rules that I
stole from others without having a clear picture of what they do.

Well sorry for the noise.. as my grandad used to say .. better turn your
tongue 9 times before you open your mouth.

Thanks,

cga